Agri-Business ATV/UTV – Ground-Keeper 4WD – 1/2 Day Duration
Doesn’t matter if you’re a dairy farmer or a forester, anyone engaged in primary production will benefit from this highly informative and practical rider-training program. ATVs can be inherently unstable, plenty of operators having come to grief with rollovers, so our program examines why this is so and how to avoid it.
This half-day forum commences with a detailed analysis of the pre-start requirements of ATV usage including the use of additional implements including trailers or spray equipment. Particular attention is placed on loads, load security and the affect of inappropriate tyre pressure settings (the greatest cause of ATV accidents). With an expansive explanation of the ATV driveline, you’ll know where to expect trouble. Paved surfaces and ATVs don’t usually mix, the grippier surfaces react poorly to the fixed rear axles on ATVs and you need to understand the danger. The riding tasks you’ll undertake revolve around what your typical day might entail, safer starts and stops, changing direction, reversing and mingling with fixed objects and moving targets.
Appropriate apparel is an imperative, without helmet, jacket, boots and gloves you shouldn’t be anywhere near one of these vehicles, so we’ll analyse what PPE you’ll require and on the day of your training can supply not only a late-model Yamaha 4WD ATV, but also suitable attire for an additional expense.
Assessment is based around your demonstrated practical skills whilst riding the bike. Don’t worry if you haven’t ridden one before. If you can successfully drive a car you shouldn’t have too much trouble. The program is fully transportable. Ask us about how we can assist you at your site (minimum numbers may apply).
- Learn all about the features on your ATV or UTV – 4WD HIGH/LOW, diff-lock (where fitted)
- Develop a checklist of RISKS to avoid whilst riding
- Maintain vehicle in accordance with your pre-start and post-ride requirements
- Operate the vehicle in a capacity as a grounds-person on ovals and on made roads
- Understand what impacts loads and trailers may have on the job
- An ATV/UTV in good condition, loads secured, fully fuelled, bike carried on trailer or ute tray
- If you haven’t got a vehicle we can hire you a late model Yamaha ATV
- Your lunch and drinks or you can elect to buy lunch at the lunch stop
- Clothing appropriate for the forecast conditions and closed footwear, remember your PPE
- Hat, sunscreen and sunnies, plus riding gear including helmet, jacket and gloves
- $345 per person (ex-Adelaide)
- Hire a Yamaha Grizzly 450 4WD ATV for $175 per bike or a Yamaha Rhino side-by-side for $275
- Discounts may apply to group bookings, POA
- Add regional delivery fees (where applicable)
Locations and Times
- Refer to calendar for dates, courses scheduled regularly ex-Adelaide
- Meet at, 45 North East Road, Collinswood (at bus stop 12 heading out from city) from 7.45am on
- Session commences at 8.00am and concludes around 12.00 noon
Course Code For Booking