Energy & Infrastructure Defensive 4WD – 1 Day Duration
If you are engaged in maintaining infrastructure, roads, telemetry, power grids or any other engineering projects that require travel in light vehicles in a technical, administration or logistical role, then this Defensive program is for you. Covering both bitumen and dirt road situations we’ll analyse what each of these road surfaces might challenge us with across a range of variables.
An appropriate mix of theory via Power Point and practical time gets to the nitty-gritty of safe vehicle operation when travelling, when and where the use of 4WD can enhance your safety and what to do in an emergency. We’ll also look at the additional risks of inappropriate speed, driver fatigue, vehicle stability, animal strike, vehicle condition, vehicle separation and more.
The practical time covers 4WD usage on dirt roads, vehicle handling, emergency braking and driving on a variety of surfaces to enhance your experience.
Courses are scheduled regularly or on demand and can be tailored to suit your requirements. The program is fully transportable. Ask us about how we can assist you at your site, anywhere in Australia and internationally too.
- Learn all about the featured technologies of your vehicle – ABS/ETC/VSC (where fitted)
- Develop a checklist of RISKS to avoid whilst behind the wheel
- Develop confidence behind the wheel and drive defensively in line with your site regulations
- Maintain vehicle in accordance with your pre-start and post-drive requirements
- Learn to drive efficiently and safely
- A 4WD vehicle in good condition, load secured and with a full tank of fuel
- If you haven’t got a vehicle we can arrange a hire 4WD from our preferred hire vehicle partners, POA
- Your lunch and drinks or you can elect to buy lunch at the lunch stop
- Clothing appropriate for the forecast conditions and closed footwear, remember your PPE
- Hat, sunscreen and sunnies
- $415 per person (ex-Adelaide)
- Discounts may apply to group bookings, POA
- Add regional delivery fees (where applicable)
Locations and Times
- Refer to calendar for dates, courses scheduled regularly ex-Adelaide
- Meet at, 45 North East Road, Collinswood (at bus stop 12 heading out from city) from 7.45am on
- Session commences at 8.00am and concludes around 5.30pm
Course Code For Booking