Energy & Infrastructure Industry Hybrid/Tow 4WD – Extended 1 Day Duration
This combination program is an amalgam of the core elements of our on and off-road programs. For operators who don’t have the luxury of time and are looking to get the fundamentals in place, the Hybrid offers a made road driving experience that will cover emergency braking and illustrate the benefits of 4WD usage on dirt. For those times when you might have to get off the beaten track you’ll also have the essentials for the trail with an understanding of the importance of tyre pressure reduction, 4WD range selection and basic vehicle recovery.
If your working day includes carrying loads with a trailer, you’ll be pleased to learn some valuable skills in pre-start preparation and driving with extra load and length behind you, safely and confidently in all terrains.
We’ll include the essential theory session at day’s start to get your understanding of the vehicle and your obligations in the field exactly right. From there it’s all practical skills development from mid-morning to day’s end with plenty of time behind the wheel.
Ideally this program is suited to crew working on projects where tracks have been largely established and some site risks have been removed. Courses are on demand and can be tailored to suit your requirements. You’ll be assessed on two levels, via your practical skills demonstrated on the day and a post-course theory assessment.
The program is fully transportable. Ask us about how we can assist you at your site, anywhere in Australia and internationally too.
- Learn all about the featured safety technologies of your vehicle – ABS/ETC/VSC (where fitted)
- Learn about the 4WD technologies seen on your vehicle – 4WD HIGH/LOW, LSD, ETC, Diff-Lock
- Develop confidence behind the wheel and drive in accord with your site regulations
- Maintain vehicle with appropriate pre-start and post-drive checks including your trailer
- A 4WD vehicle in good condition, a trailer with load secured and with a full tank of fuel
- If you haven’t got a vehicle or trailer we can arrange suitable hire vehicles at your expense
- Your lunch and drinks or you can elect to buy lunch at the lunch stop
- Clothing appropriate for the forecast conditions and closed footwear, remember your PPE
- $575 per person (ex-Adelaide)
- Discounts may apply to group bookings, POA
- Add regional delivery fees (where applicable)
Locations and Times
- Refer to calendar for dates, courses scheduled regularly ex-Adelaide
- Meet at, 45 North East Road, Collinswood (at bus stop 12 heading out from city) from 6.45am on
- Session commences at 7.00am and should conclude prior to 6.00pm
Course Code For Booking