Mining Industry Exploration 4WD – 2 Day Duration
Geology and drilling crews engaged in exploration tasks proving up resource reserves are the audience for this two-day duration program, where remote locations and travel over difficult terrain are the norm. The course teaches a lot of self-reliance in the field where help could be a long time coming.
As you’ll be driving along formed roads and rough bush tracks, or even creating your own trails to access sites of interest, the challenges will be many and varied. Elements of our Defensive course can be incorporated into the first day of this program, whilst the second day is usually reserved for the off-road component. We can skill the attendees in dealing with gradients, sand, mud and anything else in between as well as the safest methods in vehicle retrieval. Making sure the vehicle is fit for travel is a key area of attention, with time set aside for safe wheel changing and under bonnet inspection.
The whole focus of the course is on risk avoidance and incident prevention. Using both theory sessions using Power Point and practicals in the field at our training ground, drivers will benefit immensely from this program. Operators will be provided with skills that are designed to increase their productivity and enhance their safety.
Courses are scheduled regularly or on demand and can be tailored to suit your requirements. You’ll be assessed on two levels, via your practical skills demonstrated on the day and a post-course theory assessment.
The program is fully transportable. Ask us about how we can assist you at your site, anywhere in Australia and internationally too.
- Learn all about the featured technologies of your vehicle – ABS/ETC/VSC (where fitted)
- Develop a checklist of RISKS to avoid whilst behind the wheel
- Drive defensively in line with your company’s regulations and driving policy
- Maintain vehicle in accordance with your pre-start and post-drive requirements
- Become fully self-reliant and independent, ready for any eventuality
- Retrieve your vehicle safely and quickly if you are unlucky enough to get bogged
- A 4WD vehicle in good condition, load secured and with a full tank of fuel
- If you haven’t got a vehicle we can arrange a hire 4WD from our preferred hire vehicle partners, POA
- Your lunch and drinks or you can elect to buy lunch at the lunch stop
- Clothing appropriate for the forecast conditions and closed footwear, remember your PPE
- $830 per person (ex-Adelaide)
- Discounts may apply to group bookings, POA
- Add regional delivery fees (where applicable)
Locations and Times
- Refer to calendar for dates, courses scheduled regularly ex-Adelaide
- Meet at, 45 North East Road, Collinswood (at bus stop 12 heading out from city) from 7.45am on
- Session commences at 8.00am and concludes around 5.30pm each day
Course Code For Booking