Mining Industry Specialist Off-Road Recovery 4WD – 1 Day Duration
This program should be viewed as an essential requirement for exploration crew operating in far-flung locations, especially APY Lands, Flinders Ranges, West and Southeast coasts, Simpson and Great Victoria Deserts. It suits all 4WD (dual-range – HIGH/LOW) vehicle types from dual-cab utes to full-size wagons, especially those with comprehensive fit-outs. Not suited to AWD vehicles.
There is an expectation that participants will have already undertaken one of the other 4WD programs we have to offer and have a clear understanding of the fundamentals of the 4WD driveline and its operation in the bush and have probably already spent a fair bit of practical time on field excursions at work.
The practical incorporates a drive to our training venues along both bitumen and dirt roads to reinforce the advantages 4WD offers when on the dirt as discussed during past course attendance. Once at the location drivers will employ HIGH/LOW range with numerous off-road challenges designed to fully investigate the key points of the day’s outcomes. We’ll additionally push the driver’s resolve and application with numerous tasks calling on their existing knowledge to deal with different trails and breakdowns. Drivers will also participate in integrated sessions on specialist vehicle recovery techniques using a raft of tools (could be winches, sand tracks, snatch-straps) either we’ll provide or might already be part of their kit.
This extended off-road recovery format provides drivers with necessary time to fully flesh out the nitty-gritty detail needed for travel to far-flung places, meeting all OHS&W requirements as seen in agency remote-area driving policies and can be modified further as requested. The program is fully transportable and can be delivered anywhere across the State (minimum numbers may apply).
- Learn how to use portable vehicle recovery equipment in a controlled and safe environment
- Discover the limitations of your set-up when pressed into service and identify needed items
- Develop additional confidence when undertaking remote field trips
- A 4WD vehicle in good condition, your recovery equipment and with a full tank of fuel
- If you haven’t got a vehicle we can arrange a hire 4WD from our preferred hire vehicle partners, POA
- Your lunch and drinks or you can elect to buy lunch at the lunch stop
- Clothing appropriate for the forecast conditions and closed footwear
- Hat, sunscreen and sunnies
- $415 per person (ex-Adelaide)
- Discounts may apply for group bookings, POA
- Add regional delivery fees (where applicable)
Locations and Times
- Refer to calendar for dates or call, courses scheduled regularly ex-Adelaide
- Meet at, 45 North East Road, Collinswood (at bus stop 12 heading out from city) from 7.45am on
- Session commences at 8.00am and concludes around 5.30pm
Course Code For Booking