All–Wheel-Drive – 1.5 Day Duration
Just bought a crossover All-Wheel-Drive vehicle and you’re wondering what you can do with it? Our 1.5 day All-Wheel-Drive program is just for you, a great mix of theory and practical reveals the strengths of your vehicle (Nissan X-Trail and Pathfinder, Subaru Forester and Outback, Holden Captiva, Mitsubishi Outlander, Toyota RAV4 and Kluger, Hyundai Santa Fe, Kia Sorrento and Sportage, Ford Territory, Land Rover Discovery Sport or Range Rover Evoque, BMW X5 & X3, Jeep Compass and Patriot).
You’ll start your journey in the classroom on a Wednesday night as we explain the myriad of electronic traction and safety aids featured in this vehicle category, discuss the driveline and what surfaces it can deal with and talk about trip planning and preparation, in readiness for any travel plans you may have.
The practical session on a Saturday or Sunday (see calendar) has two elements both on and off-road. The on road session looks at enhanced vehicle handling courtesy the AWD driveline and the added benefits of stability and traction control where fitted. The off-road course takes you over our 4WD track and you’ll be mightily surprised how well your vehicle will go, but we’ll remind you of the limits so you don’t push beyond the vehicle’s capabilities.
Our instructors are encouraging and blessed with a happy nature and very patient. We’ll learn at a pace you’re comfortable with and tackling challenges that reflect real-world situations to make you a better driver.
- Learn all about the featured technologies of your vehicle – ABS/ETC/VSC (where fitted)
- Take a look at ownership issues
- Develop true confidence behind the wheel and drive defensively
- Discover where the trail starts and ends… without pushing beyond the capability of the vehicle
- Learn to drive efficiently
- An AWD vehicle (see list above) in good condition, with a full tank of fuel
- If you haven’t got a vehicle give us a call about our preferred hire vehicle partners
- Your lunch and drinks (sorry no alcohol) or you can elect to buy lunch at the lunch stop
- Clothing appropriate for the forecast conditions and closed footwear
- Hat, sunscreen and sunnies
- Don’t forget the video or camera!
- $485 per vehicle including up to 2 drivers (please leave the children at home, there’s lots to learn)
- RAA Members receive 10% off, just quote your membership number or use the coupon code RAA when Booking Online
- Book with Adventure 4WD (phone 83420202 or Book Online)
- Ask about a gift voucher, it’s a great way to say you care!
Locations and Times
- Theory session, 45 North East Road, Collinswood (at bus stop 12 heading out from city)
- Theory session commences Wednesday evening 7.30pm and concludes 10.30pm, (arrive from 7.15pm on)
- Practical session, meet in the bus/car park adjacent to the Lyndoch Village Green, Barossa
- Valley Highway (in the main street opposite Kauffman Road), in Lyndoch
- Practical session commences Saturday morning 9.30am and concludes 4.30pm, (arrive from 9.00am on)