Commonwealth Government Off-Road 4WD – 1 Day Duration
A 4WD program that is primarily about the off-road challenges seen on the trail and is suited to drivers using 4WD vehicles in tricky terrain, but in areas where help is at close hand and the risk exposure is rated low. Ideally this is suited to agency drivers who might be new to 4WD’ing.
With an informative and fundamental theory session at day’s commencement followed by a quick mechanical awareness check, it’s off to the practical training grounds to gain an understanding of the use of HIGH and LOW range, throttle control, vehicle placement and how to avoid getting stuck and what to do if you’re unlucky enough to be caught by the terrain.
You’ll marvel at just how quickly you develop your skills, a steady progression that builds lots of confidence in yourself and also the vehicle. You’ll get plenty of reminders about the need to be safe and the techniques learnt will also keep you productive.
Courses are scheduled regularly or on demand and can be tailored to suit your requirements. You’ll be assessed on two levels, via your practical skills demonstrated on the day and a post-course theory assessment.
The program is fully transportable. Ask us about how we can assist you at your site, anywhere in South Australia (minimum numbers may apply).
- Learn all about the featured off-road technologies of your vehicle – 4WD HIGH/LOW, LSD, ETC
- Discover the risks associated with driving on less than perfect surfaces
- Become self-reliant and independent, ready for any eventuality
- Retrieve your vehicle safely if you are unlucky enough to get bogged
- A 4WD vehicle in good condition, load secured and with a full tank of fuel
- If you haven’t got a vehicle we can arrange a hire 4WD from our preferred hire vehicle partners, POA
- Your lunch and drinks or you can elect to buy lunch at the lunch stop
- Clothing appropriate for the forecast conditions and closed footwear
- Hat, sunscreen and sunnies
- $435 per person (ex-Adelaide)
- Discounts may apply to group bookings P.O.A.
- Add regional delivery fees (where applicable)
Locations and Times
- Refer to calendar for dates, courses scheduled regularly ex-Adelaide
- Meet at, 45 North East Road, Collinswood (at bus stop 12 heading out from city) from 7.45am on
- Session commences at 8.00am and concludes around 5.30pm each day
Course Code For Booking