Rent an Iridium satphone by Motorola short term or long term…
Keeping in touch with the office, family or friends couldn’t be any easier when using Motorola’s Iridium satellite phone. The handset is slightly larger than a standard mobile phone in size and has an easy to use keypad and an extendable antenna, for simple operation and clear reception.
Packed into a convenient padded carry bag with both 240V mains power and 12V car chargers you’ll be ready for extended touring and phone access to the world on any of Australia’s outback tracks or even further afield.
The phones use a Telstra plan which makes all calls a breeze, mobiles are dialled as you would normally do, simply add the area code for landlines, whilst emergency numbers remain the same, no confusing international access codes or infuriating delays. Basic charge includes a flat fee for the first week’s hire with a reducing daily rate per week after that (see rate card). To that you only need to add your call charges, a statement itemising calls will be forwarded to you usually within 7-14 days post-hire to reconcile your account.
Iridium is easy to use and provides safety and security if you are travelling independently or when shared amongst a group of friends wanting to keep in touch with home. We always have plenty of handsets in stock to cater for government, industry and commercial needs as well as individual recreational users.
|Normal Weekly Rates at a Glance|
All prices on this page include GST
|1 week||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||5 weeks||6 weeks||7 weeks||8 weeks|
|Per Day Calculation of Standard Rates|
|Long Term Rates Available|
|2 Months – AU $800.00|
|Per Month Thereafter – AU $ 200.00|
Call Charge Information
- Standard call rate – $1.50 per 30 seconds (Satphone call made in Australia to domestic landline or mobile)
- International call rate – $1.75 per 30 seconds (Satphone call made in Australia to International number)
- Receiving calls – No Charge (Australian originator of call pays 80c per 30 seconds)
- SMS message rate – $2.00 per message (Satphone text made in Australia to domestic landline or mobile)
- A detailed summary of your call charges will be sent to your nominated address and billed against your nominated credit card approximately 10-14 days after your return
- Our Satphones have a unique “domesticated” number for ease of use
- This simplifies dialling, there’s no international access codes or country codes to remember
- To ring an Australian landline simply add the area code (STD) to the number
- To ring an Australian mobile simply dial the mobile’s number
- Emergency numbers remain the same “000” or “112” within Australia
- Messagebank 101 service is available for voicemail
- Free Telstra network support call 125 135
- Our satphones are packed for your convenience in a small padded camera bag
- Any damage or loss to/of the satphone whilst in your care is your responsibility
- Add limited insurance for only $3/day