Commonwealth 4WD & Towing – 2 Day Duration
Many Commonwealth agencies who travel to remote locations often need to carry additional loads or are engaged in projects where monitoring equipment needs to be located on-site. Whether it be the use of a trailer or caravan Adventure 4WD can design a program that incorporates plenty of basic trailer manoeuvring skills development, coupled up to on-road and off-road vehicle handling across all road types.
Our Power Point theory session details the vehicle’s attributes and its weaknesses, looks at the fit-out and loading constraints. In addition we’ll cover the driving risks where the roads and tracks travelled are likely to be basic and more often than not, slippery, either due to weather events or the type of materials used in its construction. Use of 4WD will be encouraged as well Defensive methods of braking and vehicle handling, especially what happens with increased loads. The practical sessions take drivers from whatever skills level to a new confident high, with development at a rate you’re comfortable with.
We’ll set aside time for a mechanical awareness workshop and show you how to avoid a back injury when changing a flat tyre, as well as maintaining the vehicle in its optimum condition for the journey. Both bitumen and dirt skills will be developed and refined practising life-saving techniques that are designed to keep you safe and productive. Self-reliance is a key, and the newly learnt skills will take the nervousness out of any journey. Courses are regularly scheduled and are transportable to your site if preferred (minimum numbers apply). You’ll be assessed on two levels, via your practical skills demonstrated on the day and a post-course theory assessment.
- Learn all about the featured technologies of your vehicle – ABS/ETC/VSC (where fitted)
- Develop an understanding of the impact of loads on the vehicle’s dynamics
- Drive defensively and adopt policy recommendations your organisation may have mandated
- Maintain vehicle in accordance with your pre-start and post-drive requirements
- Learn to drive efficiently and safely
- Not be intimidated by weight and dimensions
- Become self-reliant and independent
- A 4WD vehicle in good condition, load secured and with a full tank of fuel
- If you haven’t got a vehicle or trailer we can arrange the hire from our preferred suppliers
- Your lunch and drinks or you can elect to buy lunch at the lunch stop
- Clothing appropriate for the forecast conditions and closed footwear
- $870 per person (ex-Adelaide)
- Discounts may apply to group bookings, POA
- Add regional delivery fees (where applicable)
Locations and Times
- Refer to calendar for dates, courses scheduled regularly ex-Adelaide
- Meet at, 45 North East Road, Collinswood (at bus stop 12 heading out from city) from 7.45am on
- Session commences at 8.00am and concludes around 5.30pm each day
Course Code For Booking