Tow My Camper – 1 Day Duration
Having a 4WD is great, but having a camper trailer to go with your 4WD is better and if you haven’t got one of your own, then hire one from us! Camper trailers give you the freedom to pull up on the side of a track pretty much where you like, with creature comforts that are a huge improvement on a tent or a swag. But if you haven’t towed before, that lump on the back might take on epic proportions and that’s where Adventure 4WD’s Tow My Camper program can help.
The course is conducted on demand (mid-week is OK with us so call us for a date), with a morning theory session at our Collinswood classroom that’ll explain the hitch, weight implications, tyres, pressures and what goes on when you’re on the road. With pre-starts complete we’ll hit the trail, en-route to the Barossa Valley and Adventure 4WD HQ. We’ll see what influence the trailer has on your 4WD on the highway, both on bitumen and dirt and learn some courtesies that’ll keep everyone’s cool.
The afternoon practical revolves around a number of things. First task is learning how to accurately reverse and rely on your mirrors. It should be a simple process, but it fills many drivers with fear. We’ll show you how to tackle the challenge nice and slow, with plenty of time to correct your steering. After that we’ll progress to the off-road track and the fun starts in earnest. We’ll see the impact the trailer will have on your approach, ramp-over and departure angles, the benefits of using LOW range and reducing tyre pressures. You’ll be amazed at just how far you can take a camper off the beaten track once you know how!
With those skills now up your sleeve there’ll be no stopping you, nearly any track, anywhere will be worth a look, with your home away from home right behind you.
- Take a look at ownership issues
- Analyse the tow vehicle, the trailer and weights, the hitch and make a thorough preparation
- Practice with your own vehicle and trailer in genuinely difficult terrain
- Build confidence quickly and safely – even reversing!
- Learn proven techniques designed to make you safe and keep you mobile
- A 4WD, a high-clearance, dual-range 4WD wagon or ute
- Your own off-road camper trailer (or hire one from us)
- If you haven’t got a vehicle call our preferred hire vehicle partners Complete 4WD Hire on 08 8234 1300
- Your lunch and drinks (sorry no alcohol) or you can elect to buy lunch in Lyndoch during the break
- Clothing appropriate for the forecast conditions and closed footwear
- Hat, sunscreen and sunnies
- Don’t forget the video or camera!
- $750 per vehicle including up to 2 drivers (please leave the children at home, there’s lots to learn) for an intimate one-on-one learning experience
- Until further notice we’re offering a Covid-19 special rate, receive 20% off pay only $600, just quote the coupon code COVIDSUCKS (phone 08 83420202)
- Ask about a gift voucher, it’s a great way to say you care!
Locations and Times
- Dates are scheduled according to demand, call us for advice
- Meet at 0900 on your scheduled date at Adventure 4WD 45 North East Road, Collinswood, there’s plenty of off-street parking in our rear yard
- We’ll then provide the notes for the theory session and get stuck into the pre-start checks
- Late morning we’ll journey to the Barossa Valley for lunch at Lyndoch, later we’ll tackle the trails on our training property Adventure 4WD HQ
- Course conclusion around 1630