Weekend Walkabout (Southern Flinders Ranges) – 2 Days Duration
Sadly the program is in recess until further notice whilst we deal with the Covid-19 distancing and density rules.
Looking to explore new horizons and advance your skills and knowledge? This weekend forum offers advanced 4WD instruction on difficult regional trails that are way Beyond the Bitumen, yet allows time to take in the scenery in one of the State’s most photogenic locations. Add an overnight stay at a historic sheep station and you’ve got the makings of a top weekend of learning and fun!
Our first day is spent examining the secrets of successful Outback driving. We journey to Orroroo and our comfortable overnight farm stay (that night you’ll enjoy a quality BBQ dinner provided by the Adventure 4WD team). As the day progresses, you’ll tackle difficult trails that run from the valley floor to their lofty heights. Sunday sees us learning even more skills with a journey into the higher points of the Bendleby Ranges. You’ll discover the nature of the trail, assess the risks and hazards, pick the right gear and 4WD range and all the while marvel at the beauty of the views from nearly a kilometre high. At strategic moments we’ll employ recovery tools to extract stuck vehicles, if required.
Fun for all the family and recommended for anyone who may be planning an Outback expedition in the ranges, Weekend Walkabout is the best preparation to explore.
- Build your skills and confidence to a new high!
- Learn how to deal with unexpected breakdowns and recoveries
- Explore some of the best high country 4WD regions in the State!
- Pick up valuable driving tips from trainers who’ve been traveling the region for years
- Be set to tackle your own adventure, anywhere across the country
- Experience a weekend of Great food, Great fun, Great company!
- A high-clearance, dual-range 4WD vehicle in good condition (including tyres), with a full tank of fuel
- All meals (with the exception of dinner on Saturday night), your drinks & snacks
- Swag, bedroll and/or sleeping bag & pillow for the beds in your room in the shearers quarters
- Kids share a room with their parents
- Clothing appropriate for the forecast conditions & sturdy footwear, hat, sunscreen & sunnies!
- Video and/or camera
- $850 per vehicle including up to 2 drivers
- $110 per additional adult, $80 per additional child (12 years and under)
- RAA Members receive 10% off, just quote your membership number or use the coupon code RAA when Booking Online
- Book with Adventure 4WD (Phone 08 8342 0202 or Book Online)
- Ask about a gift voucher, it’s a great way to say you care!
Locations and Times
- Refer to recreational calendar for WW dates, assembly time Saturday 8.00am for an 8.30am departure
- Meet at City Dismantlers car park, 11-31 Port Wakefield Road, Gepps Cross (opp Hungry Jacks)
- Return Adelaide around 8.00pm Sunday