Weekend Walkabout (Limestone Coast) – 2 Days Duration
Sadly the program is in recess until further notice whilst we deal with the Covid-19 distancing and density rules.
Looking to explore some sandy horizons and advance your skills and knowledge? This weekend forum offers advanced 4WD instruction on difficult regional trails that are way Beyond the Bitumen, yet allows time to take in the scenery in one of the State’s best coastal 4WD locations. Add an overnight stay in delightful Robe and you’ve got the makings of a top weekend of learning and fun!
Our first day is spent traveling down the Coorong coast en-route to Robe. Weather and tides permitting we’ll see a section of the 90 Mile Beach that runs from the Murray Mouth to Kingston, access from TTX. There’ll be plenty of challenges along with our usual safe guidance. That night you’ll enjoy a quality BBQ dinner provided by the Adventure 4WD team. Sunday sees us learning even more skills with a journey into the wedge of coast parallel to the Woakwine Range. From Beachport you’ll discover the nature of the trail, assess the risks and hazards, pick the right gear and 4WD range and all the while marvel at the beauty of the beaches and dunes. At strategic moments we’ll employ recovery tools to extract stuck vehicles, as it happens!
Fun for all the family and recommended for anyone who may be planning a coastal adventure, Weekend Walkabout is the best preparation to get you ready to explore.
- Build your skills and confidence to a new high!
- Learn how to deal with unexpected breakdowns and recoveries
- Explore one of the best coastal 4WD regions in the State!
- Pick up valuable driving tips from trainers who’ve been traveling the region for years
- Be set to tackle your own adventure, anywhere across the country
- Enjoy the comfort of a modern motel room overnight and a sumptuous dinner with dessert… you won’t go hungry!
- Experience a weekend of Great food, Great fun, Great company!
- A high-clearance, dual-range 4WD vehicle in good condition (including tyres), with a full tank of fuel at journey’s start
- All meals (with the exception of dinner on Saturday night), your drinks & snacks
- Clothing appropriate for the forecast conditions & sturdy footwear, hat, sunscreen & sunnies!
- Video and/or camera
- $850 per vehicle for up to 2 drivers (includes overnight motel accommodation, dinner & permits)
- $110 per additional adult, $80 per additional child (12 years and under)
- RAA Members receive 10% off, just quote your membership number or use the coupon code RAA when Booking Online
- Book with Adventure 4WD (Phone 08 8342 0202 or Book Online)
- Ask about a gift voucher, it’s a great way to say you care!
Locations and Times
- Refer to recreational calendar for WW dates, assembly time Saturday 8.00am for an 8.30am departure
- Meet at rear car park Crafers Inn (Hotel), 4 Main Street Crafers (just before the Freeway ramp)
- Return Adelaide around 8.30pm Sunday night